Monday, June 1, 2009

When Doors Close, New Ones Certainly Open

View from the 101


To My Staff at the LA Auto Gallery


Everyone,

As I leave the dealership to pursue new challenges and opportunities in my life, I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone for allowing me to practice my trade in your dealership. It is important for us to recognize that we share more than just eight hours per day. We share each other lives and together we can improve and inspire each other.

This last year was exciting and rewarding. The men and women here at the Los Angeles Auto Gallery are some of the best and brightest that I have enjoyed working with in my career. I have been fortunate to watch as real craftsmen worked on Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and Maserati Vehicles. I learned to appreciate a quality of repair that I have never seen in the business until now. You really have set the standard for my life.

Of course driving the supercars was not too bad either. Although I did not ever show it: it was pretty cool. My all time favorite if you believe it was the Audi S8 with the W12 engine. The Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound system blew my girlfriends hair back (almost as if we were in a convertible) as we drove down highway 10 one evening. We rocked out to Billy Squier - the Stroke…I am here to tell you that was freaking cool. If I had a buck - twenty, that would be the car for me!

Although the Audi car was my favorite, each store has a different personality and culture. I wish only the best for the men at Porsche who have dedicated their lives to the brand and the dealership. Many of you have more tenure here than my entire years alive. The Audi boys are talented technicians that seem to be only getting started in this amazing business. I offer my support and encouragement of continued success. I hope you follow your dreams and desires too. Your leaders were inspired each day by your work and dedication. The Ferrari team has finally found their stride and I can only see success in the future for that team. The new found leadership is just what you needed to make the store triumph in these tough times.

I hope that I was able to bring some new ideas and opportunities and friendship to the dealership and the people here. I also hope you feel that the store is being left in much better shape than it was when I arrived. I always worked with a business like demeanor and a warm heart. I will miss the friendships and will look forward to returning as a guest. I am sure my successor will give his entire heart to the dealership and the staff. I believe in his ability to take this company to heights once only imagined.

Please keep me in your thoughts and stay in touch via email or phone. I am always about. Now I am off, as my General Manager Jeff says, To chase my dreams.

Sincerely
Steven E. Shaw


mydealercoach@gmail.com
www.mydealercoach.com
http://mydealercoach.blogspot.com
Cell 310-597-7726



Steve Shaw is now working full time as a Dealer Coach and Consultant. He is working on projects with M5 Management Services and his training series with Chris Collins, the Profit Exploder, is debuting in the next few weeks. Stay tuned to the blog and the website for exciting information…

Projects Coming Soon:

• Profitability Summit and Job Fair with M5, this summer
• Video Training Series with Chris Collins, this summer
• Cheating the Dealer Book…Getting back in touch with the Dealership, this summer


You can follow Steve Shaw on Facebook, Myspace, twitter and especially at www.mydealercoach.com. Join today and keep in touch. 310-597-7726

Comments or suggestions?
e-mail Steve Shaw

MyDealerCoach@gmail.com


Make MyDealerCoach.com your #1 on-line resource for dealership coaching!